Greetings,

How many projects are in your projects panel?

If you haven't modified (God, I hate this) "/Applications/NetBeans/Apache\
NetBeans\
12.4.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/netbeans/etc/netbeans.conf" to allow a
larger heap
than the paltry default, you may be observing the JVM performing the garbage
collection of
death dance which you'll see in any java application that is operating at the
edge of getting
an OOM error.

I have a MacBook Pro for work (32GB RAM) and I have changed the
*netbeans_default_options* in the above file to have the additional flag of
"-J-Xmx16384m"
as well as setting *netbeans_jdkhome* to point to something sane.

HTH.

--
Mark A. Flacy
mfl...@verizon.net