I haven't played with d3js, but it does look promising.

Here's a link with graphs that can be moved around:

https://observablehq.com/collection/@d3/d3-drag

Just click on an example, and play with the results.

As far as acyclic directed graphs with d3js:

https://github.com/erikbrinkman/d3-dag

may be a good starting point.

Combining the two is left as an exercise for the reader.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/