Hi Gary,
Here is my experience in a similar situation.
I have developed many applications on server side and desktop/swing.
The day I started developing browser-based web applications, I tried
several different options.
Of course I started with NetBeans as I am a long time NetBeans user. And I
tried other IDEs as well.

Long story short, I finally decided to use VS Code as IDE and Angular as
Framework in browser based client applications.
I am happy with my choices so far.

=========
Mithat Karaoglu
Email: mithat.karao...@gmail.com