Good afternoon/evening/morning Netbeans folk,

I trust you are well.  I have a plea in a manner of speaking.  Firstly, I
need to apologise for sending this a second time.  In my haste I'd posted
it on an unrelated (but associated) thread.

I seem to need to do the following manually everytime I open a project wiht
Netbeans, and I would expect an smart IDE to just remember my setting(s).
An IDE is not here to make my workflow more difficult *imho*.  Suggestions
are welcome.  Let me begin.

On the command line when I execute a gradle build command it respects the
JDK specified in the project's gradle.properties file.

   - org.gradle.java.home    = /prod/lib/java/jdk/v01.08
   - From all project directories.  Presumably the gradle model sets the
   compiler for al subprojects.

We need Java 9+ (I have Java 17, currently) to run netbeans and that
becomes the default "Java Platform" when a Gradle project loads.  Not the
platform specified and respected by Gradle.  As this is so, I must change
teh platform manually, everytime I open the IDE and load a Gradle project.
That is not all, I can use build all to run JDK 1.8 for everyone.  When I
need build, test  or debug individual sub-projects I am required to
manually set the compiler property for EVERY project I need to use,
manually as shown.  It is extremely tedious.

[image: image.png]

As far as I know, there's no setting that I can set in a config file to
persist this IDE setting.  I've even tried trolling in the user directory
in the netbeans config.

Because I'm doing Gradle builds, using *gradlew* from Netbeans, I expect
the IDE build to be identical to the command line:

   - *./gradlew build  *

And it is NOT without the manul intervention described.  I consider that to
be a bug in the gradle handling myself.

Questions:

   - Can I set this option persistiently?  Where?
   - Can the setting be root project wide and persistient?
   - I'm ok if I have to specify the JDK for each subproject I can do
      something in groovy/gradle for that.
      - Why doesn't Netbeans honour the Gradle settings?  Is this just an
   oversight or a policy choice?

Sorry if I'm terse today I have to leave the office now and I'm in a rush.
Looking forward to any thing that helps?

Kind regards,

    \_/\_/