I have narrowed down the breakage of the code completion for CDI beans.  It occurs when using the jakarta ee 9 api, when the "javax" package name changed to the "jakarta" package name. Projects that use the "javax" API have working code completion in JSF/JSP EL.

Creating a project (gradle or ant) against Jakarta EE 8 (still using javax.* packages) has functioning code completion for CDI beans within JSF/JSP page expressions. Creating a project (gradle or ant) against Jakarta EE 9 (using new jakarta.* packages) has broken code completion for CDI beans within JSF/JSP page expressions.

I think this may be something to file a bug report for.

Thanks for all the feeback!

Jason