I remember dealing with this when I was using Windows 7 / JDK 8

Tried manually modifying build-impl.xml to achieve what you're talking
about, and although it worked for compiling through the command line,
the editor still showed errors like it couldn't find my libraries.

Does someone know if the problem still happens with Windows 10 / JDK
11+? (I've moved on to Linux since)

I don't think there's any "plan" to implement any new feature
regarding ant by the Netbeans team, I think I read a while ago that
ant support is basically in maintenance mode, and everyone is
encouraged to move on to maven.

Regardless, a workaround is making sure that the project compiles on
the same JDK that netbeans runs on (platform.active=default_platform
 in project.properties), that way netbeans doesn't need to "fork" the
JVM and thus the error is averted. If you need to compile in a
different JDK, make netbeans run on that specific JDK, either by
editing netbeans.conf or through a parameter (i forgot what the name
was). I used to have make a windows shortcut specifically to run
netbeans on JDK 8 for a specific project with that issue

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 4:04 PM Stefan Holst <stefan.m.ho...@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a small add-on class that is referencing a huge class library.
> The class library is installed on a relatively long base path, and with
> that the library can happily be created, but on compilation on windows
> the CreateProcess error=206 problem arises, as ant will expand the
> compilation path with each entry given by the absolute location
> specified in the library.
>
> Of course I can create a symbolic link to shorten the path, but this
> seems to be beside the point, as the compiler offers a better solution
> for it. In fact, javac offers classpath command line options which refer
> to all jar files in a directory. Is there any plan to support such
> techniques through the Ant Library Manager, like referring in resources
> there also to filesets, filesets in a form that would not be expanded to
> a collection of absolute path entries for each jar file matching the
> pattern definition?
>
> This would greatly improve also the library creation as the library
> defining jar files are spread over a very small number of directories.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan

-Juan Algaba