On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 at 08:04, Patrik Karlström <pat...@trixon.se> wrote:

> I'm trying to find a way to improve my platform applications' handling of
> dialogs.
> Developed on a laptop, I was not aware that dialogs did not follow the main
> window, instead they are displayed on the main screen.
>
> I use descriptors and display them with
> DialogDisplayer.getDefault().notify(d)
>
> And I can't find a way to specify the dialog parent with that approach.
> I did find createDialog(DialogDescriptor descriptor, Frame parent) but I'm
> not really sure what I should do with the returned dialog since I want an
> easy way to get the clicked button, if any.
>
> What is the best way to create and manage dialog wrt parents in a platform
> app?

IIRC the default implementation is in core.windows. I'd step through
in the debugger and see what it's doing, because I don't think that's
the expected behaviour.  Vague recollection of this being mentioned
with regards to the IDE too fairly recently.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/platform/core.windows/src/org/netbeans/core/windows/services/DialogDisplayerImpl.java

Best wishes,

Neil