Hi Glen,

the default platform is the JDK NB is running on. If you don't define any platform that is what NB is going to use.

I suppose NB could allow setting a different platform as default, but it can't do that atm, since default means "runtime".

changing it right now would require to set it in netbeans.conf and restart
https://github.com/apache/netbeans#log-config-and-cache-locations

NB 13 supports running on JDK 17 (NB 14 supports 18 etc), so it should be no problem

regards,
michael