On Wed, 7 Dec 2022 at 16:31, Sean Carrick <s...@pekinsoft.com> wrote:
> It's really too bad that NetBeans Project went with GitHub, instead of
> GitLab...GitLab has a feature called "Service Desk" that provides a unique
> email address to which bugs, RFEs, etc., can be email by anonymous users,
> without them needing a GitLab account. In that instance, NB would only have
> needed to change the private code of the old bug reporter to redirect to the
> Service Desk email address...Just an FYI for the future, maybe.

NetBeans went with Apache!  And GitHub happens to be a major sponsor
of Apache, and there's a lot of additional resources and linkage back
and forth.

Could we support anonymous bugs and RFEs?  Quite probably.  Whether
there would be any desire to is another matter.  Personally I think we
have enough on our plates trying to handle issues and RFEs from
seriously engaged non-anonymous users.  Our previous JIRA instance was
full of likely unread, semi-anonymous, exception reporter style
issues, and it was utterly pointless.

Best wishes,

Neil