This feature is enabled by default. Cannot be really switched off. (Disablind it support modules might  work).

In Tools > Options > Editor > Code Templates at the bottom of the dialog, the action key <Tab> (by default) can be changed though.

If I remember well there was a time when tha expand action was simply the <space> key.