I was able to reproduce the mentioned behavior on GTK+ Look and Feel with light theme.

Please use the default FlatLaf fLight or FlatLaf Dark look and feels for the best result. Unfortunately recent changes in GTK, GTK themes and JVM GTK Support provide an uncertain ground for NetBeans to built on, so we left our GTK support as is. Use FlatLaf where we have greater control to make the IDE look good either Light or Dark.