Hi,

The message is quite explicit: the JDK PKI stuff cannot validate the certificate of the update center. We may want to improve this message, though. In order to do so please forward us a complete stack trace.

Of course, the update center has a valid certificate (and certificate chain). What may be happening is that your system has a man-in-the-middle proxy that is hickjacking our valid certificates. This may happen if you have zScaler installed, for instance. In this situation there's nothing we can do from the NetBeans side: you should be talking to your system administrators to whitelist the NetBeans Update Center in your proxy.

Cheers,
Antonio