You can choose the 'Java Application' under the Projects.
It is a Java SE application. java swing support is still there including
JDK17.

I have been using Netbeans  since version 5, I always have switched to the
next version.
Right now, it is Netbeans 18.
I did not have any issue using the old apps with the new version Netbeans
and new version Java.
My java 8 apps that have Swing GUI are running with JDK 17 normally.

=========
Mithat Karaoglu
Email: mithat.karao...@gmail.com