On Sat, 2 Sept 2023 at 18:58, Alonso Del Arte <alonso.dela...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... it sounds like Chris's issue is yet another case of programs being slow
> to adopt the change from master branch to main branch, not necessarily
> because of disagreement with the cause (though I'm sure there are some of
> those) but simple inertia (which I think is the case with NetBeans).

I wasn't aware that git had changed the default as yet! ;-)  NetBeans
should follow git's behaviour, not github's.  Which means allowing for
use of init.defaultBranch as Michael said.

This was discussed in a JIRA issue a while ago,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-4990

As far as I know, there's an open GH issue for this at
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/3719 but not an open PR.
And at the time we were waiting on JGit support for this, although
that's now in.  But, yes, some inertia with NetBeans updating JGit,
which is linked to a number of other issues to resolve too.

Best wishes,

Neil