Editing a Java class. I'm creating a new version of a method in that class and want the old version in a separate window for reference. I clone the current window then float it and scroll to the old version of the method in the floated window and put that window on a different monitor.

When I make changes in the same file in the main NB window the floated window doesn't stay where it was, but scrolls to where I'm making edits in the main window.

Is that the expected behavior?

--
Mitch