From: Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 12:16 AM
To: William Crowell <wcrow...@perforce.com>, users@netbeans.apache.org
<users@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Is there documentation for migrating projects from a previous
version of NetBeans to NetBeans 20?
Hi,

NB 20 (you are using NB 10?!) has the jakarta transformer integrated which
might assist somewhat with the migration:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/5847

but if your project is still at J2EE 1.5 level, this certainly won't be
possible in one step. It might be best to migrate it to the "latest" J2EE
version first, then continue till it works with Jakarta EE 8 and then finally
make the namespace change to Jakarta EE 10+.

I suppose your project is also still using Ant, given how old J2EE 1.5 is, this
might have to be moved to maven too to simplify migration.

(btw this all doesn't really have anything to do with NetBeans versions, its
more about how to migrate enterprise applications)

-mbien