unfortunately not.

I looked into this a while ago, and the opened files are part of the regular UI state persistence like window positions etc which isn't imported to the next version.

(Project groups are imported though since those aren't UI)

if you want to live dangerously:

 - start your old NB, create a project group if you haven't yet, then switch to project group "none" and close all opened files, close NB again  - copy [netbeans_user_config]/[version]/config/Windows2Local/* into your new config
 - start new NB

-mbien