This happens to me occasionally, usually when editing a fairly large java file. The icon in the tab will show a red indicator for a compile error, but there are no red indicators on the right gutter to show which lines have the error(s). If I'm lucky enough to find one the errors on my own, the method call will be in italics, showing an error, but there is no red indicator on the right.

Re-opening NetBeans does not help, nor does re-opening the file in question. The only way I've found to recover is to close NetBeans, delete the cache directory, then re-open NetBeans.

Any ideas? Maybe a bug?

--
Mitch