Hi,
Sounds like a permissions problem. Have you set the Remote Owner and Remote
Groups settings in the processor appropriate for HDFS permissions?
Conrad

From: "Ravi Papisetti (rpapiset)" <rpapi...@cisco.com>
Date: Monday, 13 June 2016 at 21:25
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <users@nifi.apache.org>, "d...@nifi.apache.org"
<d...@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Writing files to MapR File system using putHDFS

Hi,

We just started exploring apache nifi for data onboarding into MapR
distribution. Have configured putHDFS with yarn-site.xml from on local mapr
client where cluster information is provided, configured the "Directory" with
mapr fs directory to write the files, configured nifi to run as user has
permission to write to mapr fs, inspie of that we are getting below error while
writing the file into given file system path. I am doubting, nifi is not
talking to the cluster or talking with wrong user, appreciate if you some can
guide me to troubleshoot this issue or any solutions if we are doing something
wrong:

Nifi workflow is very simple: GetFile is configure to read from locla file
system, connected to PutHDFS with yarn-site.xml and directory information
configured.

2016-06-13 15:14:36,305 INFO [Timer-Driven Process Thread-2]
o.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.PutHDFS
PutHDFS[id=07abcfaa-fa8d-496b-81f0-b1b770672719] Kerberos relogin successful or
ticket still valid
2016-06-13 15:14:36,324 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-2]
o.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.PutHDFS
PutHDFS[id=07abcfaa-fa8d-496b-81f0-b1b770672719] Failed to write to HDFS due to
java.io.IOException: /app/DataAnalyticsFramework/catalog/nifi could not be
created: java.io.IOException: /app/DataAnalyticsFramework/catalog/nifi could
not be created
2016-06-13 15:14:36,330 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-2]
o.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.PutHDFS
java.io.IOException: /app/DataAnalyticsFramework/catalog/nifi could not be
created
        at
org.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.PutHDFS.onTrigger(PutHDFS.java:238)
~[nifi-hdfs-processors-0.6.1.jar:0.6.1]
        at
org.apache.nifi.processor.AbstractProcessor.onTrigger(AbstractProcessor.java:27)
 [nifi-api-0.6.1.jar:0.6.1]
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.onTrigger(StandardProcessorNode.java:1059)
 [nifi-framework-core-0.6.1.jar:0.6.1]
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.tasks.ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.call(ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.java:136)
 [nifi-framework-core-0.6.1.jar:0.6.1]
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.tasks.ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.call(ContinuallyRunProcessorTask.java:47)
 [nifi-framework-core-0.6.1.jar:0.6.1]
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.scheduling.TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent$1.run(TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent.java:123)
 [nifi-framework-core-0.6.1.jar:0.6.1]
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
[na:1.7.0_101]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
[na:1.7.0_101]
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
 [na:1.7.0_101]
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
 [na:1.7.0_101]
        at
[na:1.7.0_101]
        at
[na:1.7.0_101]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.7.0_101]

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ravi Papisetti

Technical Leader

Services Technology Incubation
Center<http://wwwin.cisco.com/CustAdv/ts/cstg/stic/>

rpapi...@cisco.com<mailto:rpapi...@cisco.com>

Phone: +1 512 340 3377

[tic-logo-email-blue]

***This email originated outside SecureData***

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/MZbqvYs5QwJvpeaetUwhCQ==> to report
this email as spam.

SecureData, combating cyber threats
The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be
privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other dissemination or use of this communications is strictly
prohibited. The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and
not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are only valid if
followed up by a formal written quote.

SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered
Address: SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent,
ME16 9NT