Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the issue you're running into
is a known issue in the 1.0.0 release [1]. Are you possibly in a position
to run a SNAPSHOT build based off the current state of master. This should
have the patch incorporated. Alternatively, the 1.1.0 release candidate
should be created soon. We are in the process of closing down the remaining
JIRAs assigned to the next release.

Matt