When working with Nio in blocking mode (as we're currently doing) we will
need to ensure that the processor is cable of

- reconnecting properly and handle read timeouts / server disconnects / ....
properly
- cleaned up all tcp connections that it manages

This will require additional plumbing IMHO (I don't know to what extend NiFi
supports base classes for this), but I found that during testing that

- Sometimes TCP socket communication hangs (on read operations) when
connection is flaky
- TCP sockets are not always properly closed, even after processor shutdown
(It requires a NiFi restart to close them).

I've logged most of the issues I encountered on Andrew's github repo.