James, while I am looking couple of questions.
1. Did you actual RabbitMQ version has changed since you used NiFi 0.6?
2. Are you using default guest/guest user/password to connect?

Cheers
Oleg
On Mar 20, 2017, at 11:04 AM, James McMahon
<jsmcmah...@gmail.com<mailto:jsmcmah...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I can certainly share germane pieces from it, Oleg.

Background: NiFi version is 0.7.1. RabbitMQ is 3.6.6. Erlang is 17.5-1.

>From nifi-app.log:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to establish connection with AMQP
Broker: com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory@78......
.
. lots of stack trace lines
.
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_111]
Caused by: com.rabbitmq.client.Authentication.FailureException: ACCESS REFUSED
- Login was refused using authentication PLAIN. For details see the broker
logfile.

>From the rmq log file:
accepting AMQP connection <0.13753.9> (127.0.0.1:54318<http://127.0.0.1:54318/>
-> 127.0.0.1:5673<http://127.0.0.1:5673/>)

=ERROR REPORT==== 20-Mar-2017:10:46:30 ===
closing AMQP connection <0.20511.61> (127.0.0.1:48902<http://127.0.0.1:48902/>
-> 127.0.0.1:5673<http://127.0.0.1:5673/>):
{bad header,<< 22,3,3,0,195,1,0,0>>}

I had recently upgraded my NiFi from 0.6.x to 0.7.1. My broker log shows
successful connections without the error report when I was still 0.6.x. Since I
upgraded I have not been able to connect with success.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am very interested in why I seem to be
getting this bad header message now. -Jim

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Oleg Zhurakousky
<ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com<mailto:ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:
James, any chance you can provide stack trace from the logs?

Cheers
Oleg