Hello,

I’m having an issue getting NiFi to start correctly. Here’s my situation:
I’m currently running v0.7.0.
I have a production server and a test server, with identical configurations
(OS, Java, Java security config, nifi versions, nifi configs,
keystores/truststores, etc).
When I run nifi via normal HTTP (e.g. no security) in both Prod/Test they both
start & load the UI as expected.
When I run nifi via HTTPs (e.g. security settings) the Test server starts and
loads UI as expected.
However, on the Prod system, I receive the following error and java does not
bind to 8443:

2017-07-25 16:30:51,346 WARN [main] org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer NiFi
has started, but the UI is not available on any hosts. Please verify the host
properties.

I reviewed the source code and it looks like this error is logged when the
“URLs” is empty.
Here is what I *think* are the relevant properties from my nifi config, when
trying to start up using TLS (running on both Prod & Test), again, Test starts
fine, Prod throws the error above.

# Enable TLS

nifi.web.http.host=

nifi.web.https.host=0.0.0.0

nifi.web.http.port=

nifi.web.https.port=8443

nifi.security.keystore=<path_to_keystore>

nifi.security.keystoreType=JKS

nifi.security.keystorePasswd=<keystore_password>

nifi.security.keyPasswd=<key_password>

nifi.security.truststore=<path_to_trust_store>

nifi.security.truststoreType=JKS

nifi.security.truststorePasswd=<trust_store_password>

nifi.security.needClientAuth=true

Again, I’ve manually validated the correct paths, correct passwords to JKS
files., etc.
I’ve verified that there are no other processes binding to 8443 possibly
blocking nifi from the port.
I’ve tried changing the port number (e.g. to 8445), no effect
I’ve turned off IPTables.
Generally, I run nifi as a “nifi” user, however, I’ve also tried running it as
root to see if that had an effect of allowing the UI on Prod to start…no impact.
I’ve tried also starting up nifi with a blank/default flow file, no effect.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what I can do next, short of uninstalling nifi and
reinstalling?

Thanks,

Dan