I had a SiteToSiteProvenanceReportingTask running in 1.3.0, so I gave this a
try myself.

I think I’m able to reproduce the issue that Fred is seeing.  But I’m not sure
if the issue is only related to adding an Event Type filter to the reporting
task.

With no filter, I generated some DOWNLOAD events by downloading some FlowFiles.
 I did see these come into my NiFi instance that handles the events.
Everything was working as expected.

But then I stopped the reporting task, added the DOWNLOAD filter and then
restarted the task.  Then I downloaded some FlowFiles again.  As Fred was
seeing, these events did not come in.

However, then I stopped the reporting task, removed the filter, and then
restarted the task.  Then I generated numerous provenance events (RETRIEVE,
DOWNLOAD, etc).  But no events came in.

So maybe this has something to do with starting/stopping the reporting task in
addition to adding the filter.

Fred, can you file a Jira?  I can add my comments to it.

Thanks,

-Drew