From: Mark Payne [mailto:marka...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 9:26 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: [EXT] Re: Metrics on Lineage Duration

Peter,

In the UI you can right-click on a Processor and go to "View Status History" to
see a chart of different metrics
over time. One of those metrics is the Average Lineage Duration (averaged over
a 5-minute period).
Of course, you are asking for a reporting task/processor that does this.
There's nothing that provides this info
directly, but you could always use InvokeHTTP, or something like that to poll
the REST API, using the path
/nifi-api/flow/processors/<Processor ID>/status/history

Or, another approach that may be valuable would be to use the
SiteToSiteProvenanceReportingTask to send
Provenance Events via Site-to-Site back to the NiFi instance. For a given
Provenance Event, you can get Event Time
and Lineage Start Date, so to calculate the Lineage Duration / latency for the
FlowFile, you can just use
EventTime - LineageStartDate. This approach would be a little different, as it
provides lineage duration of each event.
So this could be used, for instance, to detect any particular FlowFiles that
exceed some SLA or calculate a 90th percentile
type of thing, rather than getting an average.

Does this help at all?

Thanks
-Mark

On Nov 7, 2017, at 6:55 AM, Peter Wicks (pwicks)