Hi Juan,

We need to have this documented in terms of the core NiFi library versions
used in MiNiFi Java.  The general contract is that we can support
extensions in the same manner that the framework libraries of NiFi does.
This had a few hurdles which will be resolved with MINIFI-408 [1].  I'll
create an issue to make sure we get this in docs somewhere.  To this end,
yes, NiFi extensions should work within MiNiFi Java.  To your point, yes
there has been a correlation between minor version of MiNiFi Java and NiFi,
but these coincidental releases will likely change with MiNiFi 0.3.0.

MiNiFi C++ is a wholly distinct and separate endeavor.  While we aim to
support the same YAML config schema there have thus far been neither been
any guarantees about the same components being available in MiNiFi C++ nor
does it necessarily to support certain functionality given the inherent
scope of the C++ codebase.  With some of the recent contributions, MiNiFi
C++ has several components that are not present in any of the Java
variations of NiFi efforts.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-408