From: Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 13:44
To: <users@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: setting processor concurrency based on the development/production
environment

thanks Bryan and Kevin. I will be happy to open a jira - would it be a NiFi
jira or NiFi registry?

I like the approach that Bryan suggested.

I guess for now I will just color code the processors that need to be changed
in production.

P.S. I really, really like where NiFi is going...I've looked at StreamSets and
Cask, but for my purposes, I was looking for a tool when I can process various
tables without creating a flow per table. I was able to create a very simple
flow in NiFi, that will handle 25 tables. My next project is to handle 600
tables in near real-time. I just could see how I would do that with StreamSets
or Cask, when you have to create a pipeline per table. I was only being able to
do something similar with Apache Airflow, but airflow cannot do things in near
real-time. The concept of FlowFiles with attributes is a genius idea, and I am
blown away with all the possibilities to extend the functionality of NiFi with
custom processors and Groovy scripts. Awesome job, guys.