Kevin,

The release cadence is a very loose schedule. Usually “point releases” (minor
version upgrades) come approximately 10 - 14 weeks after the previous (i.e.
1.5.0 -> 1.6.0). In some cases, a bug fix release (1.5.0 -> 1.5.1) will be
released on a shorter time frame if deemed necessary.

As 1.5.0 was released in mid-January, I would expect (note, am not committing
to) a release vote towards mid-to-late April. In general, a "critical mass” of
new features is reached and a committer/member of the PMC begins a release
discussion thread on the mailing list, and the community weighs in with their
thoughts on releasing a new version.

Andy LoPresto
alopre...@apache.org
alopresto.apa...@gmail.com