I opened PRs for 2980 [1] and 2983 [2] which add more performant, consistent,
and full-featured processors to calculate cryptographic hashes of flowfile
content and flowfile attributes. I would like to deprecate and drop support for
HashAttribute, as it performs a convoluted calculation that was probably useful
in an old scenario, but doesn’t “hash attributes” like the name implies. As it
blocks the new implementation from using that name and following our naming
convention, I am hoping to find anyone still using the old implementation and
understand their use case. Thanks for your help.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2980
<https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2980>
[2] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2983
<https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2983>