Andy,

We use it pretty much how Joe is... to create a unique composite key.  It
seems as though that shouldn't be a difficult functionality to add.
Possibly, you could flip your current dynamic key/value properties.  Make
the key the name of the attribute you want to create, and the value is the
attribute / attributes (newline delimited) that you want to include in the
hash.  This does mean you can't use "${algorithm.name}" in the name of the
created hash attribute, but I don't know if you'd consider that a big
loss.  In any case, I'm sure there are other solutions, this is just a
thought.

Brandon