If you wish to consume the latest CloudTrail events as a stream, have you
considered subscribing to CloudTrail notifications via SNS and SQS?  NiFi
can read the SQS messages with the GetSQS processor, and extract the S3 key
with EvaluateJsonPath.  In contrast, I expect ListS3 would be more useful
for reprocessing historical events.

Configuring CloudTrail to Send Notifications
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/awscloudtrail/latest/userguide/configure-cloudtrail-to-send-notifications.html