I was wanting to reach out and find out how people are upgrading Nifi
environments while still using the registry to upgrade flows.

We have a particular issue occurring between nifi environments and a process
flow. We run three environments Dev, Staging, and Production. We are on a
weekly upgrade path and currently we are running 1.7.1 in dev while staging and
production are on 1.6.0. Using Nifi-Registry for Flow versioning is causing an
issue currently between our dev and staging environments because the PutSFTP
processor has additional fields in 1.7.1 that do not occur in 1.6.0.

So I guess I have two questions.

Should we be using granular flow versioning at the process group level and the
lowest point. Because right now we us it fairly high up for grouped process
groups?

How is everyone handling upgrades to their Nifi environments and how does that
work with Nifi-Registry?

Scott