I'm working to implement a flow where for a given source of data I can only be
processing one set at a time due to external dependencies. Each set needs to go
through several different steps so this isn't just a matter of limiting
concurrency for a single processor. I'm trying to implement this using Wait and
Notify as a gate and I've ran into a couple of limitations that I'm not sure
how to get around. I first set my Wait processors to wait for a specific
counter to be reset to zero before allowing a data source through but I quickly
discovered that the Wait Processors tries to divide the signal counter leading
to a divide by zero error. I'm assuming if zero isn't a valid value for the
signal counter we should disallow it however since you can't use the Notify
processor to set arbitrary values other than zero I'm not sure how your
supposed to make a 0 or 1 gate. Are you supposed to have two Notify Processors
back to back where one resets the counter to zero and the next increments by
one? That seems a bit clunky.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Shawn Weeks