My understanding of how Wait/Notify worked was that the Wait processor
would look for the count in the target signal to reach a specific value, at
which point it would open and let through any flowfiles that were waiting.
I'm not sure if the target value that it's looking for is actually a delta
between whatever the cached value is and some internally-stored state that
Wait maintains; it would make sense to me if that were the case because it
would eliminate the need to keep resetting the counter. But I'm fairly
certain that this will not work the way you describe it, where the
running_count property has to be set to something on the flowfile in order
for the flowfile to go through.

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/grapesmoker