From: Matt Burgess <mattyb...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:05 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org <users@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Hive_1_1 Processors and Controllers Missing in NiFi 1.11.4

Harsha,

There are two NARs associated with Hive components, nifi-hive-services-api-nar
which has the Hive1_1ConnectionPool service (actually an interface, but that's
under the hood), and the nifi-hive1_1-nar which has the processors that declare
themselves as users of that interface (and the actual implementations). Did you
keep the old Hive 1.1 NAR in the lib/ folder when you upgraded? I would think
if you removed the 1.9.2 NARs and used just the 1.11.4 NARs, NiFi would only
find the newer ones and automatically upgrade the existing processors and
controller services, but I haven't tried it myself. I suspect if they are both
present then NiFi will try to match the version of the processors to the
controller services and they won't match. Either you'd need both 1.9.2 NARs
(the services-api one and the processors one) or neither, I recommend the
latter so the components get upgraded to the latest version and that they
match. If you're doing a hot reload by dropping the NARs into the dynamic
new ones in lib/, and restart NiFi.

Regards,
Matt

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 6:27 PM Sri Harsha Chavali