How large is each line expected to be?  You could have a massive line
or much larger than thought of.  Or you could be creating far more
flowfiles than intended.  If you cut the file in size does it work
better?  Will need more data to help narrow in but obviously we're all
very interested to know what is happening.  These processors and the
readers/writers are meant to be quite bullet proof and handle very
very large data easily in most cases.