I could be totally barking up the wrong tree, but I think this is our
clue: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

That means that something is causing the reader to try to allocate an
array with a number of entries greater than the VM allows.

Without seeing the schema, a sample of the CSV and a stacktrace it's
pretty hard to guess what's going on. For what it's worth, I've split
55GB JSON sets using a custom streaming JSON reader without a hiccup
on a NiFi instance with only 4-8GB of RAM allocated, so I'm fairly
confident we've got some quirky edge case here.

If you want to sanitize some inputs and share along with a schema that
might help.