Eric,

I certainly agree with what Joe said. I would also recommend checking in
nifi.properties if you have a value set for:

nifi.monitor.long.running.task.schedule

I recommend setting that to “9999 hours”

In 1.14.0, we introduced the notion of a Long-Running Task Monitor. It’s
generally very fast. Typically runs in 10s of milliseconds on my macbook. But
it relies on JVM-specific code, and we’ve seen in some environments that can
cause the UI responsiveness to be very adversely affected. We disabled the task
monitor by default in 1.15, I believe, because of this.

Thanks
-Mark

On Apr 19, 2022, at 3:44 PM, Joe Witt