Michael,

For the authorization use case, I recommend against using the
reporting task and instead using the built in endpoint for metrics
(see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-7273 for more
details). The NiFi REST API (to include that endpoint) is subject to
the authentication and authorization policies configured for the NiFi
instance.

Regards,
Matt