Hi,

I've noticed that whilst the PrometheusReportingTask can be configured for
client authentication, there is no means to authorise connections to the
/metrics endpoint.  Given the /metrics endpoint can expose processor group and
processor names, which could be sensitive in nature, should exposing endpoints
like this also be authorised, for example by using the global access policies
functionality?

This strikes me as being something that is maybe niche, but nevertheless
without authorisation, could undermine the security aspects of NiFi by
providing access to information to say an insider threat (valid client
certificate, but not authorised).

Would be interested to know other's thoughts on this?

Michael