On Nov 13, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Casey Rayman wrote:

This is great. It's working just how I expect it to with my simple test case. Now that it's working I'll try some more complicated tests. This is so cool! I can't thank you enough!

No problem. Just tell everyone you know the same thing and we'll call it even ;)

Strictly speaking this is probably a different request, but I'm still using a shell of an openejb-jar to specify what physical table the abstract schema. Like this:

<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2";>
        <enterprise-beans>
                <entity>
                        <ejb-name>AuxGenderRO</ejb-name>
                </entity>
        </enterprise-beans>
</openejb-jar>

If the table-name could get picked up from the weblogic-cmp-rdbms- jar.xml then it really would be totally seamless.

Yea, getting the cmp conversion in there would be great. I've started hacking on it, but I'm not the CMP guy typically (that'd be Dain), so it'll take me a bit longer. We fully support the glassfish descriptors so people using glassfish can do what you're trying to do. We really want OpenEJB to be usable by anyone who'd like a boost in productivity regardless of who they deploy to in production.

Anyway, going to copy from the glassfish conversion code and see how far I get. Our CMP container is actually a thin layer on top of JPA (big advantage to users) so conversion is actually a matter of converting the weblogic cmp beans to JPA, which is doable just a bit trickier.

-David