Hi people.

I indeed faced the same problem-->
http://www.nabble.com/Sharing-persistence-unit-among-several-ejb-jars-in-a-collapsed-EAR-to17628307.html
I had a main project containing my application, and a dependent project
containing entities that were to be managed by a persistence unit declared
in the main project.
Using the JUnit test Eclipse facilities led me to your problem, namely the
persistence unit is deployed only for the main project, not for the
depending project.
But my application worked fine when I packaged it as a war and dropped it to
a openEJB enabled Tomcat. This got rid of the classpath problem David points
at.

I suggest you try the same just to ensure that everything else works
correctly.

Anyway, David I'm looking forward to test your new OpenEJB build !

Regards,

Juan Manuel