On Aug 14, 2012, at 7:57 AM, twelveeighty wrote:

> I'm not sure what the protocol is for making doc changes so I'll post my
> suggested change here just in case:

Any kind of changes at all are welcome.  Some docs really need to be gutted.

A note to the user list is nice, but really, feel free to dig in and tear it up
:)

> On the "TomEE and Eclipse" page, I suggest adding a Method 3 (or adding it
> to Method 2) for NOT having Eclipse take control of the TomEE install folder
> - "Use Workspace Metadata". I prefer doing it that way, possibly others do
> as well.
>
> In that situation, for TomEE, the key thing is to add the conf/tomee.xml and
> the .properties files to the Servers/<name of your server> project in
> Eclipse by importing it from the <tomee> install folder. Otherwise, you can
> not add / modify any TomEE Resources and Containers.
>
> Once you make those changes, TomEE runs fine in the "Workspace Metadata"
> scenario.

Probably we can go even further with this doc.  *Most* of the information on
that page is outdated since the 1.0.0 release.  We used to have issues with the
Tomcat Eclipse plugin, but all that was fixed in 1.0.0.

So Method 1 should really be to just use TomEE as you would Tomcat -- no
special options, no special warnings.  As well method 1 should probably have a
link to this doc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr8pxEACVRI

Then we probably want to gut/remove all the misleading information that says
certain problems will occur unless specific options are selected.

The formatting of that page is also wrong -- we should just use lists for
lists, not formatting them as code blocks.

If you want to dig in and contribute to that page, very excellent!  Just hit
the blue pencil icon in the upper right and start the overhaul :)

-David