I'm more than happy to contribute. If somebody tells me how to configure an
XA ds, I'll update the doc.
Reading this:

http://www.saddi.com/software/news/archives/87-TomEEOpenEJB-+-PostgreSQL-XA-DataSources.html

it seems I just have to use the XA driver, and the definition property
instead of JdbcUrl, is it correct? Is there any special flag to mark the
datasource as XA? An example, on how to configure an XA datasource for
Oracle 11g would be very appreciated.

BTW, I don't agree when you say that XA datasource is not so important. In
my case 10% of datasources are XAs. If you have a little project, prolly you
don't care about XA bc you have just one database with everything in it. In
my experience, in an enterprise enviroment XA is often used because you
frequently have to deal with integration issues.