Hello,

Suppose you want to write a Java client application  for your web app that
relies on JNDI, JMS and send & receives EJBs to and from the application
server.
Then, in your client application (which is not a web app, but rather a Java
program with a class having a main() entry point method), you'll need to
have in our classpath:
 - ActiveMQ JARs for using JMS in a way compatible with TomEE's ActiveMQ
 - TomEE actually uses web service protocols to make remote calls to EJB
Session Beans.   There still needs to be a client library that knows how to
encode an EJB call into XML and extract the returned result as a Java
Object.
- the same idea would also apply to Java Programming Objects

See jbossall-client.jar for something equivalent provided by JBoss :
http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide/5/html/ch01.html#d0e525

 Now, better than JBoss client libraries, we'd like to have a REST service
on the app server allowing our "client application" to download the app
server's client libraries specific to its JMS, EBJ, etc. implementation
into some directory that would be added to the client application's
CLASSPATH at runtime.

Is it clearer ?

Alex