Thank you, Romain and smithh032772,

Based on your suggestions, I changed the <Resource> configuration in the
tomee.xml like the following.
<Resource id="jdbc/PostgreSqlDS" type="DataSource">
    #  PostgreSQL example
    #
    #  This connector will not work until you download the driver at:
    #  http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html
    JdbcDriver   org.postgresql.Driver
    JdbcUrl  jdbc:postgresql://localhost/glassfish
    UserName     ********
    Password     *******
    JtaManaged true
        jmxEnabled true
        LogSql false
        InitialSize 10
        MaxActive 100
        MaxIdle 30
        MaxWait 10000
        removeAbandoned true
        removeAbandonedTimeout 18000
        jdbcInterceptors=StatementCache(max=128)
</Resource>

I added the lines from jmxEnabled to jdbcInterceptors.
And I restarted the TomEE. But the performance does not change.

I am sorry that I do not know how to check the <Resource> setting through
jmx. I checked the bundled tomee application, but there does not seem to be
the menu to check the parameters of the <Resource>.

After enhancing the OpenJPA, I do not get any improvement in the DB access
performance. Incidentally I use "Build Time Enhancement" with Maven for the
Enhancement. The Enhancement seemed to be weaved, but the eclipse says
"Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.apache.openjpa:openjpa-maven-plugin:2.3.0- SNAPSHOT:enhance (execution:
enhancer, phase: process-classes)" in the editor window. I do not know why
the eclipse says such a thing.

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.