forget about compile time, all will work

i don't speak about java interface or implementation, i speak about
jar api and jar implementation

the main point is for users customizing the server itself (tomee/lib).
If you want to put mojorra here you can't without managing the whole
javaee api jars manually if we put the jsf api inside. In practise it
is easier to not do it.

BTW i still don't really get your issue.

The renaming is IMO not relevant because:
1) the api inside are standards (if we call it oepnejb-javaee-api it
will sounds like our own stuff)
2) the groupId already differentiate it

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau