I'm getting so frustrated with OpenJPA!
I'm also experiencing the problem listed in previous reply, and once again,
no response to that post.
Here's some code to explain my problem:
TblPdtbnf.java:
@OneToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
@JoinColumns([EMAIL PROTECTED](name
="PDTBNF_ID",referencedColumnName="PDTBNF_ID",insertable=false,updatable=false)})

private TblPdtbnfcde tblPdtbnfcde;

When I save a TblPdtbnf record, I get this error:
ERRORJun 11 20:30:12 Encountered new object
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in persistent field
"za.co.metcapri.model.ebstatus.TblPdtbnf.tblPdtbnfcde" of managed object
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" during attach.  However,
this field does not allow cascade attach.  You cannot attach a reference to
a new object without cascading.;

But I don't want to save the tblPdtbnfcde...didn't I make that clear by
adding insertable=false!!!

If I remove insertable=false, updatable=false...that doesn't help either.

Do I have to set that field to null to save this record?
There must be a better way.

Is there anybody out there that knows the solution???