Craig,

thanks for your answer. I got the message but somehow it feels that this is a JPA shortcoming.

I definitely want to store a complete DATETIME field in my DB because i most likely need the complete time for some things within my app. But for this one query, the only interessting thing is the date without time.

Of course the range thingy would somehow work but its ugly. What i am missing is something like this:

select x from Order x where date(x.created) = current_date

so a date() function on JPA level or something. Or how about general date related functions at all. Similary there could be time() or timestamp() functions that modify the value of x.created before sending it to the DB.

Is this a weird idea? Can one do this with custom functions in OpenJPA ?

--
Marc Logemann
blog http://logemannreloaded.blogspot.com