Folks,

1) The test connection works with all datasources. I did notice it wasn't
connecting on all IP addresses. I fixed that, but it's still not working.

2) I couldn't get MS SQL Server to work either. I'm using SQL Server Express
which might be part of the problem. It did work as Derby did on Weblogic.

3) I'm going to attach some pictures of the WebSphere setup.

Robert Jackson

Michael Dick wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Quick question, does the test connection button on the WebSphere GUI work
> for the Derby and MS SQL datasources?
>
> If test connection works, then OpenJPA should have no trouble getting a
> connection..
>
> --mike
>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Kevin Sutter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> RJack,
>> From what you are telling me, things should be working...  :-)
>>
>> It sounds like you are creating an appropriate j2c component
>> authentication
>> alias.  I verified that this should be used even with a global jndi
>> lookup
>> of the datasource.  Setting custom properties on the datasource is
>> another
>> alternative, but should not be required.
>>
>> Maybe a trace of the failure would help?  Or, even to start with, the
>> SystemOut.log that shows the error.
>>
>> Also, what did you do to get SQLServer to work?
>>
>> Thank you for your patience,
>> Kevin
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:31 AM, rjack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> > Kevin,
>> >
>> > I'm attaching the EAR I'm using in WebSphere. I am defining a
>> datasource
>> > with that name, "JavaTranDerby".
>> >
>> > In both cases of Derby and Oracle, I"m creating a login/password using
>> J2C
>> > Authentication data and setting the login for XA Recovery and
>> > authentication
>> > for component management. I wonder if I need to set custom properties
>> for
>> > Derby. In networked mode it seems to want a userId and Password even if
>> > they
>> > are fake.
>> >
>> > I can access Derby on the WebSphere server  remotely using DBvisualizer
>> > with
>> > no problem. I tried the jars that come with WAS 7 and also the 10.4
>> Derby
>> > jars.
>> >
>> > Robert
>> >

>> > http://n2.nabble.com/file/n1394204/Transaction.ear Transaction.ear

> [...]